Labels

Sunday, January 11, 2009

woo hoo! new year, new (permanent) blog look, and...

new post. 

This is quite the accomplishment considering my last post was over a month ago. SO here we go, picking up from where I left off on December 8th of last year (the sweet and condensed version)...

I worked on turning my family vhs collection into dvds, took my finals, worked on the dvds, spent quality time with Trent's family, worked on the dvds some more, and finally finished the dvds. I sent the dvds out to the family on Friday the 9th and am now enjoying life outside of the multimedia lab. And besides that, I am surprisingly still loving all the snow. Perhaps it's because I spent most of the cold winter days during the break inside the media lab. But my real gut feeling is that it's because I can see the light. Unlike the past four years, this year I don't have the dread of knowing I will be doing it all over again, in the snow, next year. I can just enjoy it, as if I am on vacation.

So, here I am, still waiting for the day that I wake up, walk outside, and realize that I endured an entire arctic-ish winter with out a peep of complaint, and am now in sunny Florida. 

2 comments:

JAG said...

Cute new layout/background!

Brittany said...

Love the blog! I can't wait to see the dvds. That is sooooo sweet of you to spend so much time on this for your family.