Labels

Friday, January 16, 2009

Macaroni Grill Bread

Macaroni Grill has a deal right now where you can get a three course meal for $11.99. What makes this such a great deal is the fact that you can split it with someone. Even though you are splitting a meal, with all that free yummy bread you will leave feeling very full . If you go with a party of 8 or more they automatically add an 18% gratuity which brings the total bill (including tax) to about 15 bucks, or 7.50 each.

However, an even better deal (if you have the time) is to make fettuccine Alfredo from scratch AND some Macaroni Grill Bread. Voila, same exact meal for a fourth of the price.

ps. I am not speaking from experience here- I have never made Macaroni Grill Bread myself (or any type of homemade bread for that matter) but I do have the secret recipe, and it looks easy enough. And cheap. So I think I am going to try to make it this weekend.

Macaroni Grill Bread
1 T. yeast
1 T. sugar
1 c. hot water
let sit and rise.

Add slowly
1 ½-2 1/2 c. flour
2 T. rosemary
1 t. salt

Let rise in bowl until double the size. Roll dough into one large round loaf, or two small. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, or until top is golden brown. When out of the oven, melt butter over the top and sprinkle with salt.

5 comments:

JAG said...

Why do I love you so much?? You're AWESOME!!

Amelia said...

Oh Ali, I am so glad you found this because I put it up especially for you. I was literally in the middle of emailing you the recipe when it dawned on me that I could just post it on here. Let me know how it turns out if you make it :)

JAG said...

You better believe I'll be making it this weekend....and bringing you guys some. ;)

Kirs:) said...

Amelia you are amazing, THANK YOU for this!
I love to make Carrabba's chicken bryan and their dipping sauce, this will go perfect with the dinner:)

JAG said...

Well I tried this recipe, and it was ok, but not amazing (and it barely made one loaf). Hence why I didn't bring it over for you guys to eat! But I did find another recipe that I'm going to try out... I'll let you know how it works and brig you some, if it's worthy of your taste buds.