Labels

Monday, January 12, 2009

apology

Did I seriously mention the words "new year" in my last post without any mention of my goals? I apologize. 

This year my goal is to prove my workout-aholic of a husband, the one whose nickname is jim- but spelt "gym," the one who oft goes to the gym two times per day, and who's major IS exercise science, WRONG.  He says I am "NEVER consistent in my working out." And for the first time in our entire married life, I am going to concede and say "you're right," (i joke of course, but it's true- you can ask him- I am usually right). Anyway, the point is that he isn't going to be right for much longer. So here are my steps to meet my goal of consistently going to the gym:

1. define consistent: check (husband defines consistent as 3-4 times per week, forever)
2. create incentives, (did I ever mention my econ minor? its all about incentives): check (I get to write a big yellow G on the appropriate calendar square upon arrival from gym- thanks to Brittany we now have a lovely new calendar to make such markings in)
3. go to gym: for the entire month of january so far- check. But that's not what this goal is about. I've done two weeks before. Heck, I've done two months before, but now we're talking consistent, and consistent means forever.

4 comments:

JAG said...

You can do it!
They have a hot tub there, right? That counts as "going to the gym", right? ;)

JAG said...

Oh, and apology accepted.

natalie said...

Yea Amelia! You can do it! I need to go back to the gym. :( Maybe I can borrow your hubby for an hour or so and he can tell me how I need to go to the gym daily. He would need to point his finger at me in a dominate type of way in order for me to take it seriously.
Your blog looks fantastic, and I heart the picture!

Amelia said...

thanks for the motivation ali! I hope my workouts never get so lame that sitting in the hot tub is equivalent, but maybe I could utilize your trickery if I get desperate enough.

and thanks Natalie for the extra motivation, I need it! I would say you could borrow gym, but if you need him to point his finger in your face and tell you that you need to workout, it's probably not gonna happen. He doesn't motivate in that fashion, sorry ;)