when your husband comes home to find you with wet hair, wearing your oldest pair of blue jeans and a plain white shirt, and asks, "what are you getting all dressed up for?"
My reply was, "ummmm..." as I did a mental recap of the last 6 months and realized that showering and getting dressed in general were becoming increasingly rare.
Besides poor hygiene, here are a few more updates on this pregnancy-
- While baby girl used to rarely ever move/kick, she turned a new leaf a few days ago and has been jumping and a jiving ever since.
- They say towards the end of your pregnancy you start "nesting." I think this began for me at the very beginning of this pregnancy when we decided we would stay in our little two bedroom town home. I have been trying to deep clean, organize, and make room for baby girl ever since.
- When I was pregnant with TJ I put a lot of thought into eating healthy, preparing healthy meals, etc. Nowadays I put a lot of thought into making sure the whole family eats. Unfortunately, it's not always healthy.
- My doctor gave me the go ahead to continue working out and playing volleyball until my due date. Working out at the gym is going well, but playing volleyball is becoming a bit much. I played last night and have been wobbling around ever since.
- I was having a lot of pain earlier in my pregnancy but it kinda just randomly went away (until today, after playing volleyball). My friend, Angela, gave me the advice to use the elliptical, so I tried it, and love it. It feels like a good workout but it doesn't hurt like lots of walking/running does for me.
-Now that I am feeling little miss thing move around, I am liking this pregnancy more and more. Feeling the baby move is the best.
- Here I am at 27.2 weeks preggo:
Oh wait, that was when I was 27.2 weeks preggo with TJ. I'm over 27.2 weeks preggo with baby girl and have yet to take a single belly shot. But I should so that I can compare it to the picture above, and then cry myself to sleep. I have gained the same amount of weight to date as my last pregnancy, but last time it was isolated in my belly. This time my baby has shown herself in my arms, legs, back, face, etc.
-I was about to publish this post, but then Trent read it over and said I should add a for real belly shot from this pregnancy... so there you have it... my very first side view picture of this pregnancy. 27.5 weeks along.
-TJ wanted in on the photobooth fun so I picked him up for one picture. He got all excited when he saw himself on the computer screen and kept saying, "TJ! TJ!"
-A few months ago TJ began putting "baby sister" and "belly" together. He gives baby girl kisses by kissing my belly and shares things with her by placing them on my belly. One time, he put my cell phone on my belly, baby girl instantly moved, and you could see the cell phone bounce up. I told TJ, "Baby Sister just kicked the cell phone!" TJ then stood up and used my belly as a tee and the cell phone as his ball and kicked that thing right off my belly. He thought it was so fun and wanted to do it again, I however, was not comfortable with him kicking at my belly.
- I am dying to see what she looks like.
- We are pretty certain we will use my grandma's middle name (which is also my middle name), Rose, as her middle name. Our favorite first name to go with it is "Ayla." There are so many cute girl names too choose from. I narrowed my list down to about six names that I liked with Rose and Trent and I discussed each one and decided Ayla was the easy winner. We really like the name, but if you have a better idea let us know- we still have a few months to change our mind :)