Labels

Saturday, January 24, 2009

its my blog so I can post lame stories if I want to

Last night I was trying so hard to study since next week is going to be c-razy, but it just wasn't working. "Trying so hard" is probably an overstatement considering I was laying on the couch and the TV was on with the ever exciting winter X games. so distracting. The couch was also distracting- hello, taking a nap on the couch is definitely on my top 10 list of favorite things to do. And we all know that naps never go over well when it's past 8 pm, especially when your usual bedtime is around 10 pm. I started out reading on the couch, then the TV comes on, then I fall asleep. on the couch.  Those who have tried, know that getting me to move from the couch to the bed is a hard task. Calling it a "hard task" is probably an understatement. Thankfully for Trent, I don't fall asleep on the couch too often, but it has happened enough for him to figure out a few tactics that don't work. Like waking me up and saying, "come on, lets go to bed" or even physically getting me up. nope, doesn't work. So Trent came up with a new tactic last night that definitely did work. He took my phone off the charger in the other room, made sure the ringer was on, set it on the table next to me, went to bed, then called me and asked if I was going to come to bed. So innovative. 

This morning after waking up feeling well rested with no neck ache (thanks to Trent's creative strategy), we went to breakfast with our adorable newlywed friends, David and Erinn. We went to a place in Spanish Fork called One Man Band, so fun. Supposedly there is one man who works there and cooks every one's food. I thought it was going to be a shack with like one row of bar stools and a single bar where the cook takes your order. I was surprised to find a rather large restaurant with ah hem, three employees. I know, they should call it Three Man Band, right? I was even more surprised to find out that David and Erinn have a blog. How did I not know that? turns out it's relatively new. here's their link: davidanderinn.blogspot.com 

4 comments:

Judy said...

I'll have to remember Trent's tactic. Wes falls asleep on the couch most nights. However, usually as soon as I turn off the TV, he wakes up. I do call him for dinner every so often because I don't want to take time to find him downstairs, outside, or next door. Calling is easier!

Anonymous said...

That was so much fun the other day. We'll definitely have to do it again before you leave. Oh, and I found that site you were talking about! It had been down when I was originally looking for backgrounds, so now, I no longer have cheesy hearts, thank goodness.

Amelia said...

Judy- yes, thats right. I remember now, we were all doing that over the break. That must have been where trent got his sneaky ideas.
And Erinn, girl, something is wrong with your comment option on your blog. I can't leave a comment and it is killing me. In the mean time I will leave a comment for you here and hope that you somehow get it: love the new background, although I thought the hearts were cute too :) and we definitely should hang out sometime again, yall are so fun. Maybe we could do something with Garrett and Nicole.

JAG said...

Ok so D & E are so cute. I want to be friends with them... :)