Labels

Thursday, January 15, 2009

the one serving of fruit AND veggie to die for

Maybe that was a bit too strong. Maybe I should put it this way- I would feel guilty if I didn't tell my loved ones about this food product. Its called V8 Fusion. Not to be confused with V8 Splash, or V8 Smoothie, and definitely not the plain V8. Just go try it. You get like 12 servings of fruit/veggies for $2.78. And that's it- no high fructose corn syrup (like its Splash counterpart), just plain ol' concentrated fruit/vegetable juice and water.
Now, now, don't go running off to buy a bottle for yourself quite yet, I do have a few words of warning: Don't get any of the flavors that have the words "acai" or "light" in bold face on the front of the bottle. Unless you have tried something flavored acai berry, and liked it, just stay away from that flavor (I think it tastes like medicine).

And the "light" varieties are just a marketing hoax. Anyone who knows how to add/subtract/multiply would read the following: "half the calories and sugar" and then the following: "1/4 serving fruit plus 1/4 serving vegetable", and then compare that to the regular/non-light kind: "1 serving fruit plus 1 serving vegetable" and decide to stick with the regular kind. If you really can't handle the 120 calories and the 25 grams of sugar (if no sugar is listed on the ingredient list it is all the natural kind, right?) then just drink half a glass, at least your still getting 1/2 serving of fruit plus 1/2 serving vegetable rather than 1/4.

That still leaves you with at least four options to choose from (not including the one with a blue cap):
and to seal the deal here is a coupon for one dollar off: click here.

3 comments:

Kirs:) said...

Thanks for the tip Amelia:) I am always trying to find foods/drinks that are healthy and yummy! It sounds like this might be one the boys will even drink:) I can't wait to try it!

JAG said...

Sounds delish!!!

Amelia said...

I hope yall like it, but make sure to let me know if yall think its no good, I am curious to know.