Labels

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

B-Balling

Trent loves to play him some basketball. He especially loves when he doesn't have to rotate out due to extra players. Its all about getting a good cardiovascular workout, right? In fact, I do recall Trent (now regretfully) saying something to this effect while traveling to his city league game last evening, "I hope that seventh player doesn't show up tonight, its perfect when there's only six of us."

Well, you guessed it, when Trent showed up for his game last night, there were only three others to play. Trent and his four man team had to go up against a strong-shooting team with plenty of subs. At the end of the first half they were still hanging with the mighty, well-rotated team, down by only four points, 32 to 28. At this point in the game one of Trent's teammate's roommates, who had come to observe the game, offered to fill in the empty spot. Now that there was 5 on 5, it was SO exciting to watch. It came down to the wire, but in the end Trent's team was able to pull off the victory, 57-55. I had so much fun cheering them on, jumping up and down for this oh so important game, ha.

And thats not all the good basketball news... My awesome Accounting 522 teacher has us fill out a grid before all the NBA final games. Its kinda complex, but basically everyone puts their initials in six of the 100 squares and if your name is in the box that corresponds with the correct last digit of the score at the end of each quarter for the game, then you win a prize. After Trent's game we came home and got caught up on the Lakers/Spurs game (I love TiVo!) and the score at the end of the first quarter was Lakers- 28, Spurs-23, and if you look at our grid...
I won!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you win?

Amanda said...

You must take after mom, she too is a basketball lovin freak! Good job, but what did you win?

Amelia said...

Lauren and Amanda were thinking the same thing at precisely the same time, how funny! To answer yalls question-- I won't know exactly what my prize is until Tuesday during our next class. In the past, prizes have been various assortments of candy. I will let you know when I find out!

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Hi Amelia! Lori here catching up on your blogs. I like your book list, very interesting. I have "The Host" by S. Meyer but, like you, I can't read it until I have all my reading for my class done. Can you believe there is a whole textbook just on IEPs (individual education plans)?

natalie said...

@ Lori-yes. yes I can.

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Amelia, yeah, my parents actually leave for Germany for their mission this Friday. The are in the MTC right now training and they are so excited. It looks like you two are doing great! I love checking your blog and congrats on your win!! How lucky!