Labels

Friday, May 2, 2008

Dress Shopping

This afternoon I went for a quick stroll around town with my friend looking for a wedding dress for her to wear this July as well as the bridesmaid dresses for us to wear. No success with the wedding dress (yet) but we did find this pretty cool one that had wings. It was so weird. It was like a dress and then had two large pieces of material added to the sides which could be outstretched to look like flapping wings. Or they could be used to completely cover her body:We had a fun time just making fun of all the silly dresses and trying to figure out how they work. We do not recommend Walker's Eternity Wedding Dresses (we should have known by the name) or The Bridal Center for serious shoppers.
Success was found with the bridesmaid dress. Just as a preface, her colors are light blue and dark brown and I think she wants it to be semi casual since it is a summer wedding. I think it is super cute, nice and airy, and flexible with decor since the dress entails several shades of blue:
Now the question is: what type/color of shoes should we wear?

3 comments:

Kim said...

definitely brown! That will tie the brown in together nicely. PS, that is a cute dress!

Anonymous said...

Lovely dress.... like it. Love shopping & have recently enjoyed it at my favorite BT Factory Direct.

JAG said...

Haha! LOVE IT!! I can't believe I was unaware of my *amazing* wedding dress debut. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get that dress, now that I look back on it... :( Haha.