Labels

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Trent, the Motivational Speaker

While gathering dental recommendation letters, Trent approached his old high school basketball coach to see if he would be so kind as to write a letter about Trent, to help him get into dental school. After talking with his old coach, he asked Trent to give a speech to the high school the following Thursday. So today, Trent went up and gave a 30 minute presentation about hard work and dedication to the entire high school! One of the differences between me and Trent is 1) my high school would never want me to come back and talk to them- after all I wasn't on their state championship basketball team and 2) I would be crazy nervous if by some odd reason I had to. Trent jotted down a few notes the day before he gave the speech and evidently (according to those in attendance) did a great job.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so cool! Trent is amazing..I have to say. I can't wait til he is a dentist and can fix my teeth all up! You were Senior President, Lincoln might want you to come back and speak...maybe ;)

Tice said...

I can see Trent rockin' the house. He's gotta practice his public speaking skills for when he's a general authority, you know. :)

Sally Sirmans said...

I agree with Tice. He's destined for a lot of speaking opportunities.

Brittany said...

I'll have to ask Alan those questions because I really don't remember. Our house is west of I-75, but we had to do a lot of looking first. Every neighborhood has a good side and a bad side. I wouldn't recommend finding a place without looking at and around it first. We are like 5 mi north of the university so that's nice. This recipe is really easy and good and low calorie too. So you can eat double! :) That was a good idea for Trent to speak in front of a high school but I would be Terrified!!! Good for him! And I'm glad you got a replacement swimsuit! Ebay can be so great. I'll get back to your questions when Alan gets home. Later!

Kim said...

That is so neat! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during his speech!