Labels

Monday, May 5, 2008

!Feliz Cinco De Mayo!

I have no clue what the holiday is all about, but I am up for an excuse to have some good Mexican food. Trent and I celebrated the special holiday with grilled chicken fajitas and chips/dip. The fajitas recipe is our absolute favorite in the whole cook book. Just because I'm feeling generous (Cinco De Mayo brings out the best in us) I am going to share:

3 chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregeno
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp italian spice
2 Tbsp cilantro
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 small red onion, cut into narrow rings
-----------------------------------------
10 6 inch wheat tortillas
1 cup sour cream
1 avocado, cubed
1 cup cheese, shredded

cut chicken into strips and grill
put chicken and seasonings in bowl, mix, and marinate 30 minutes, up to 2 hours
dump chicken and seasoning mixture into frying pan
cook until hot
heat tortillas
spoon mixture on tortillas, and top with avocado, cheese, and sour cream

Enjoy! Feliz Cinco De Mayo!

4 comments:

Sally Sirmans said...

Sounds yummy!

Tice said...

Mmm...fajitas. I declare this the recipe you make for me next time I'm in town helping Sally heal from hernia surgery. :)

Kim said...

I really want to try this! I was going to make it tonight, but I ran out of time to go to the grocery store before our friend came over for dinner. :( So now, he and Stace are being manly and grilling hot dogs. :P

Anonymous said...

yummy thats what i'm talking about

cinco de mayo was the day the mexicans drove the french out of mexico.

they told them to take their mustaches and crossants back to their country