Labels

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ebay Pulls Through

I was so sad when I took my most prized swimsuit out of my summer clothes bin and found that portions of the material are wearing thin. My best guess is that chlorine ate though it because someone didn't rinse it after swimming in it (for two years). Lets just say this was a hard lesson to learn. Why did it have to take place with my favorite suit? Just to get a visual image of how cute it is, here ya go.

My first thought was that I would have someone recreate the swim suit since I know there are plenty of people here in Utah who are fully capable of doing so. And then I could get it made in black, the only downside is that it would be so expensive. After further execution of this idea, I found that these master seamstresses that I've heard of are hard to find.

My second idea, was ebay! The good news is that I was able to locate my exact swimsuit listed on ebay at least 5 times, plus I found similar styles made by the same designer that come in pink, brown, and black! All of which were about 20 dollars. I found a black one in my size and have been impatiently awaiting its arrival since last week. I didn't want to publicly praise ebay until I was assured that it arrived with tags and that it fit. My new favorite suit arrived today and I love it! So, an additional lesson is learned: if you have a favorite swim suit, there is a good chance you can find its replica a few years later on ebay for way cheap!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Tricky Amelia...you said you posted a picture...I just wanted to look at it, but no you have to read the post if you wanted to see a hot picture of Amelia in her favorite swimsuit. I suppose I could have put a visual picture of me in one of those Amish Swimsuits! jk

Tice said...

That *is* a cute swimsuit. Congrats on finding it's replica. And, ps, ebay *always* pulls through in a pinch, I find. Of course, I've never had a favorite swimsuit...

natalie said...

Ah ebay, you never let us down.

Mrs. Blimes said...

amelia! Nice to see you out here in the blogoshpere! It's nice to know things are going so well for yall!