Labels

Friday, May 2, 2008

Popcorn or Ice Cream?

I am sure the spoon gave it away. Perhaps you thought it was scrambled eggs. Nope, Ice cream (helado). Trent and I debated and debated whether or not to go running tonight but for some odd reason we ended up at Sub Zero, a fun ice cream shop instead. They take milk and turn it into ice cream in front of you using liquid nitrogen. If you get double the liquid nitrogen it turns it into Dip n Dots type of ice cream like the above picture. My tongue is still slightly sore because it was so cold. Before they add the liquid nitrogen they add flavors and mix ins. I got cake batter flavor with peanut butter cups and Trent got chocolate with pecans. It was fun- Trent liked it because he is a chemist and understands how the process works. I liked it because I am an accountant and we had a coupon, buy one get one free.

4 comments:

natalie said...

Only in Utah. :)

Sally Sirmans said...

Sounds yummy to me.

Tice said...

Ditto to what Natalie said. They do the weirdest things with ice cream (and, really, food in general) in Utah. :) Looks like fun.

The Tabot Fam said...

I LOVE subzero!! Their icecream is sooooooooo delicious! Wish I had known about the dip-in-dots option. Blast!