Labels

Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's been 2 years...

And we're still together! Sometimes I wonder how Trent survives it... ESPECIALLY after my little air head moment on Tuesday.
So this is what happened-- I chopped up some veggies and put them in a skillet and then placed the skillet on the stove top in preparation for dinner. At this point my friend knocks on the door and says shes ready to drive over to Trent's b-ball game with me. I asked my friend if she thought that I could leave the chopped veggies sitting out while we went to the game, or if I should put them in the fridge. Well, duh, veggies don't have to be refrigerated, right? So I left them on the stove, and of course I checked to make sure the eye was off.

Approximately one hour later, we get home to a house full of black smoke. The worst part is that we live in the basement and smoke rises, and of course the guy who lives above us is my professor's son. The professor of my econometrics class that Trent says is "eating me alive." But the neighbors were so nice about it, we really couldn't ask for better people to share a house with.

Its been 2 days...

and our house still smells like smoke. Along with our clothes. And everything else in the house. Its okay though because our friends let us borrow their tent. We pitched it in the backyard and have had a grand time sleeping in it the past two nights. The rain we've had just added to the experience:My airheadedness explains why making it this far as a married couple is no small deal. So, in celebration of this momentous milestone, we spent the week up at Snowbird in a timeshare that Trent's parent's hooked us up with (thanks Judy and Wes). We had lots of fun frolicking in the mountains, it was a very savege-esqu way of celebrating an anniversary. My favorite part was swimming in the hot pool while it snowed:We also celebrated Trent's birthday the first night we got up to Snowbird. Trent's mom brought up some brownies with 24 candles atop.
Here is Trent after he blew out the candles, very anxious to cut into his birthday treat:

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Why does it not surprise me that you guys slept in a tent in your backyard? I love it. However, if you need a place to stay, we have an air mattress and live a mile away :)

Congratulations on two years. Can you believe how fast the time flies?

Hurst Family said...

Congrats on the TWO years! Sound like you guys have had fun tenting it. That totally sound like something that would happen to me!:)

JAG said...

Ok so I love this post! Not because you almost burned your house down, not because I was there, not because it was a wicked adventure, not because my clothes smelled like smoke for weeks after, but because MY TENT is featured as a picture in your blog. :D Good times. Love ya girl!

Brenda Chela said...

Congratulations on the two years! And that story makes me feel better about my cooking airhead-ness :)