Labels

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Finally, Something Good to Blog About

In high school I had a hairstylist that I absolutely loved. Her name was Holly and she was amazing. But ever since I moved to Provo trying to find a stylist that did as good of a job as my Tallahassee stylist has been an ongoing battle. In fact, it wasn't until April 23rd of last year that I actually found someone who did my hair exactly how I wanted it. Her name was Maren and she worked at 7th Street Salon.

Remember this post? It is the one that originally had a picture of a sliced ham to go along with the new slicing technique that I had recently discovered (I later took off the picture of the ham since I thought it looked stupid). The part of this story that I failed to blog about later, was my search for Maren, the girl who introduced me to this new hair technique. About four months after my first slicing, I decided I needed to have her do it again, and for the first time in four years, I was planning on calling the same stylist for a second appointment. All I knew was her first name, as she had given me a salon punch card and wrote Maren on the back.When I called the salon and asked for Maren they said they didn't know anyone by that name. Come to find out, the salon had been sold and Maren had left. I tried calling the previous owner to see if she knew where Maren went, but no luck. At one point I got so desperate that I started calling different salons around town asking for Maren, but of course I never found her.

And then came last Friday. There I was, one horrible hair stylist, one decent hair stylist, and one person who didn't know a thing about how to do hair (myself) later. My hair was pulled to the side with a bobby pin hiding the big splotch of orangish-yellow hair-- from my recent do-it-yourself mishap-- on the top of my head. My poor hair was at an all time low. I decided to go to the VITA(volunteer income tax assistance) lab early since my class got out early. Turns out they were a bit behind in the lab so I was able to take one of the prior hour's appointments. I sat down with the couple and started thumbing though their W-2s. And that's where my story comes to an end.

I got to a penciled-in 1099 MISC form that read "Seventh Street Salon" in the Payer's name box, and "Maren" in the recipient's box. I preceded to tell the couple the whole story which they of course got a kick out of it. I was really weirded out and excited at the same time- afterall, I was siting next to The Maren that I had been looking for for so long.

I will post a picture of the before and after later this week once I have Maren fix it.

7 comments:

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Oh, my gosh that is such a funny story! I love when things work out like that!! And I also know the turmoil of finding a new stylist. I've loved going to mine for the past 2 years and I am having anxiety over moving this summer and having to find a new one. :(

Brittany said...

How crazy is that? I'm glad you found her, though. I got my hair cut at Walmart once (to save money) but never again.

Amelia said...

@jayna- yea, I found my girl right in time for me to move and have to find another one. I am feeling the anxiety already.

@brittany- I am pretty sure I remember when that happened to you! That was funny:)

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

I'm looking forward to the before and after picture!

JAG said...

NO WAY! That's awesome!!
I'm so happy for you and your hair! :)

Amanda said...

I just read your post, that is SO funny! It is so weird when things like that happen. I'm excited to see the new pictures! I hope she really is as good as your remember...she might be nervous after hearing your story!

Karen said...

What a neat story....just had f
Fiel over to fix my laptop....(he had to unplug and plug in again and all was well) anyway..what a neat story...so did she do your hair for you??? can't wait to see it. I'll see you over video tonight..ok?