Labels

Friday, March 20, 2009

even more goodell goodies

While I was at work two nights ago, my friend Ali surprised me with a bag full of her famous cookies and rice crispy treats. She came all the way down to the basement of the library just to deliver her most amazing goodies to me. Who does that? now I've got you thinking about your visiting teacher, but did I mention Ali is not my Visiting Teacher? Yep, she's amazing. It's like she can read my mind. After being in the basement for four hours straight with one hour remaining, and three days into my detox, there was nothing more that I wanted than a bag full of Ali's cookies and rice crispy treats.

Two weeks ago she dropped by my basement apartment with some amish friendship bread, along with a bag full of the starter mix. The bread she had prepared was so amazing, more amazing than I ever remember amish bread being. I went out and bought whole wheat to continue the starter "healthy" style. It actually made really yummy chocolate muffins which I decided to share with my sunday school class. I waited until after the class devoured them before mentioning they were "healthy". Wikipedia says you can freeze the starter for later use, which I think I will do instead of giving the friendship bread to a friend. I am so bad, I know. But that way I can use the remaining three starter bags to make more muffins for my class. At least I'm sharing with someone, right?

4 comments:

JAG said...

I'm so glad to know I can freeze it! Now I don't have to worry about possibly throwing some away if I can't think of anyone to give it to! :)

I'm glad we're friends. :D

Kim said...

hey Amelia, this is Stace. Kim and I are watching the DVD of home videos. Thank you so much, it's awesome! Gotta love that Berry Blends Lotion. :)

Karen said...

Please, Please, save a batch to share with your mom and dad when we visit you in 29 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes, 15 secs....I love your countdown and I knowwe will love the bread, too! Can't wait for the big day!!

Kim said...

Amelia! I was just searching online for places to live and thought I would share this fun fact with you: there is a town near Gainesville called "Trenton"
Pretty neat, huh;)?
Anyway! I'm getting so excited!