Labels

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Forced Happiness?

I took a quiz online for my Strategy class yesterday that was supposed to be a freebie.
The instructions at the top of the page read "Just put True for everything to get full credit." However, like usual I skipped to the first question, at which point I got too excited to put False that I didn't even take the time to go back and read the instructions. I'm still laughing about this one.

And there you have it- at BYU, happiness is forced :)

So now you are wondering why I wasn't having a great day? When I pulled into the school parking lot I realized my water bottle and ipod nano were sharing spots in the center console by the e brake. The sad part was that my bottle was leaking, and my poor nano was slightly submerged. The water level was just high enough for it to seep in though the headphone hole, and after a brief period of flashing screens, my baby ipod no longer works. I wanted to try putting it in rice (supposedly it sucks out the water) but I had to go to class. I still think I should have gone home to try the rice :(

On a positive note, I have realized that days like yesterday make days like today seem a whole lot better. But then again, that doesn't really make yesterday worth it. Lets just hope my next post is positive, this pity me stuff three posts in a row is getting old really quick.

9 comments:

JAG said...

Yay! I get to see you tonight! Sorry about your pod. :(

Kirs:) said...

If Kate reads this she is going to start calling me BYU- I FORCE happiness out of everyone in my house:)
I am so sorry that we didn't get to see you when we were out there, if I had had your number we would have called. You had better come see us when you get here, we are so excited to have you back in FL.
BTW: Tell your mom the place where those burgers are is in the middle of no where outside of Rexburg ID. If she wants a huge burger tell her to come visit me and I will make her one:) It would be a shorter drive forsure:)

natalie said...

Ha! I always skip out on the instructions, so that sort of stuff happens a lot. :)
Your poor ipod. :( Maybe it'll work again after it completely dries.

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Aw! Poor baby Ipod! BTW the rice trick really works! I dropped Michael's phone in a river (don't ask) and we left it in rice for 2 days and miraculously it worked!!!

Sally Sirmans said...

Well, it took me 30 years to really understand the importance of opposition in all things. Your years ahead of me on learning that lesson.

Hey-I have an idea.....come dog sit for me while you go to Florida and I will buy you a brand new fancy nano! What say ye? Oh wait you don't really like dogs. Just think of my dogs as furry children. That's what I tell my mom anyway.

p.s. Forced happiness made me giggle. Thanks for that. xoxoxoxo

Sally Sirmans said...

Ugh, I hate when I type too fast and mix up your and you're. Gross. Sorry.

Tice said...

"This pity me post three times in a row is getting old." Ha.

And your poor, poor nano. I don't know what I'd do without mine. I'd be a lost soul, for sure.

Brittany said...

My brother did something similar to his phone, and he put it on the dashboard in the sunlight to "dry out" and it worked. But I washed my phone in the washing machine and no luck. It's worth a try. :)

Karen said...

Sorry your days at the Y are not all happy ones....soon you'll be out of school and working and trying to earn a living in Gator Land and you will long for those happy days at the "Y"!!!