Labels

Friday, January 1, 2010

Exciting News for the New Year

I am naturally inclined to start this post by dwelling on the fact that I haven't posted in over two months {gasp}, but I don't think I'm going to go that route today. I have bigger and better things to get to, and I don't have all night...

Were having a baby in 2010! What a delightful surprise! The first ultrasound estimated Baby Savage's due date to be the 29th of May. We're almost half way there-- 19 weeks down and only 21 more to go.

The weekend before Christmas we went down to Orlando to get a sneak peek of the baby and determine the gender via a 3D ultrasound. The pictures/video were put on a DVD which was then dispersed to family members {who weren't expecting to find out the baby's gender until Jan 7} on Christmas Eve. Delightful surprise #2- we're having a boy! We will double confirm that on the 7th of January {in the mean time we will be crossing our fingers that the gender doesn't change}.

Pregnancy so far has had its ups and downs, some days I really enjoy being pregnant, other days I pull out a calender and start counting. But overall we are both genuinely excited to be parents and looking forward to all the challenges and rewards that come with it.



Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Caitlin Hartung said...

Congratulations Meals! I'm so excited for you! Do you have any names picked out yet?

chaffinclan said...

Congratulations on the bebe boy! I'll be honest. I have no idea what that second picture is supposed to be. I mean, I know it's a baby. But I can't tell head from foot on that one.

Kim said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! What a fun Christmas present to give your family!

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

What amazing news! Here's to a very happy New Year to you both!

Brittany said...

I loved the guessing game, Amelia. You're so clever:)

Judy said...

The second picture is his hand covering his face, right? He's already camera shy!

P.S. We are thrilled for you both.

Aubry T Jensen said...

Thats awesome! Congrats Amelia and Trent. Sorry we havent been able to talk:( with finals and Christmas things have been busy. (i was planning on calling you during the break but got strep and well...am still out from it) but i am so happy for yall. Thanks awesome:) Keep me updated.

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Congratulations, Amelia and Trent!

The Tabot Fam said...

woohoo! Let the name game begin!