Labels

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Now that I have blogged about football...

I am entitled to one pregnancy post, no?

Holy cow. Only 17 weeks to go. It seems like that could come tomorrow with how fast time flies. People ask if I'm ready... well, no, I mean, sure, why not? But then to think that it's only (give or take) 17 weeks away is quite frightening. Maybe I'm not ready. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to meet the little guy, to see what he looks like, and to eat up his active personality. Sorry to get side tracked, but, wow, is he active. Ever since my last pregnancy post when I thought I discovered what it felt like to accumulate fat, baby has been kicking and flipping (and who knows what else, it's just lots and lots of moving) as if to assure me it's him and not something else. These kicks are actually visibal to the human eye. At least to my eye, but not so much to Trent's. While it's practically my newest favorite hobby to just stare at my stomach and watch the sudden jolts, I think Trent is still developing the patience that is required to play that game. Come on, you gotta wait for it...

Back to what I was saying. Excited? Yes. However, I do realize this is going to change our lives in a big way. Speaking of big, little man in the oven is getting humongous. His supposed height from head to toe is nearly 12 inches and, according to the charts, he should weigh over a pound by now. And hence, there is this double-me-affect taking place. I'm getting bigger by the second, especially after I eat. My body seems to hold on to every ounce of fat that I intake as if to hoard it from the baby. Come on thighs, baby needs it much, much more than you.

So that's it for now. Lots of moving, lots of growing, and not a lot of time left... Here is my very first preggo pic for you to relish in my chubbines, because lets be honest, who wouldn't want to to do that?
whoa whoa whoa, don't divide that by 4, I'm just barely 5 months, okay? :)

10 comments:

natalie said...

look at your cute baby bump! I love!!

Karen said...

Come on and poke out that tummy girl....you know you are trying to make yourself look pregnant...you use to do that all the time when you were a little girl!!!! Seriously, that is fun that the little guy is entertaining you so much with his kicks!

Tice said...

Gurl, you're not as big as a minute. Sounds like you're gonna have a little athlete.

Sally Sirmans said...

You look adorable! Do me a favor and stop focusing on the weight please? Enjoy every minute. Be grateful that you are blessed with excess when it comes to eating. Plus, before you know it, he will be 15, learning to drive and getting his Patriarchal blessing like my cute Kelly. *Sniff*

Judy said...

Hey Amelia you look great! I'm excited to see you soon.

JAG said...

Could you be any cuter?? Absolutely ADORABLE!! I'm SO excited for you! :D

Southern Belle said...

You FINALLY have a little tiny bump! You look adorable and I want to see a month by month update of the pregnancy posts! Its only fair to all of us who don't get to see you in real life!

Unknown said...

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about, chub??? You are all baby and skinny everywhere else girl! You look great! And so cute with the baby bump! Anyways, I hope you're having fun being pregnant!

Brittany said...

Thanks for the picture and update! Too cute, Amelia. This little guy is going to be sooo cute!

The Tabot Fam said...

You r being so silly! Chubby? Maybe it's like that belly-kick game you were describing...so easy for you to see but the rest of us just see CUTE mommy-to-be Amelia finally with some proof that she's prego!! I'm with Southern Belle--at least monthly installments of belly shots from here on out...at LEAST!!
(I bet Trent's thrilled to here that his son is already running routes in the womb!)