Labels

Monday, October 26, 2009

LSU vs. UF

Two weekends ago Trent and I set out to make the 9 hour scamper to Baton Rouge following behind our friends, Craig and Cassie. We had a late start on Friday since we all had work and school, but it made for getting to Tallahassee right at dinner time. So of course we stopped at my parents house to quickly scarf down some food before eventually getting to our surprisingly nice Denham Springs, Louisiana Quality Inn around 3 am. Just in time to get in a little nap before going to the College Gameday Show at 9:00 am. It's a good thing we went though, because I'm pretty sure no other Gator fans were able to make it there in time. Either that or they were scared away by the crowd chanting "Tiger Bait" while simultaneously pointing at them.

Cassie is from Louisiana so that's why she is sporting her purple and gold. I love this picture of them.
And this one is fantastic too. It really captures her 6 month + pregnant look.

Ready for Game Day
At College Game Day
Did I mention how classy the LSU fans were? Notice the finger behind Cassie's head.

At the game just prior to kickoff.

This was our view from the amazing seats on the lower level in the midst of LSU alumni. Next post is going to have a video of one LSU Alumnus which highlights how bright they are. (I just need to get my sister to upload it for me). We made history at this game, some 93,000 + fans made it to the stadium that night, more than ever before at the Tiger Stadium.

We had such a good time. I was all excited about making this post when I got home, but then I realized we left our camera in Tallahassee. My sister ended up uploading the pictures to snapfish and sending them to me, but by the time I got them the enthusiasm and energy to post was gone.

We unfortunately didn't record Game Day while we were gone, so we cant see for ourselves, but some of our friends were kind enough to text us and let us know that they saw us on TV. Evidently the camera captured Trent going crazy surrounded by LSU fans, and since he was able to lift me on his shoulders I was able to do the Gator chop right behind Chris Fowler's head. It took all but two hours of him lifting me up when Fowler started talking and setting me back down when Fowler was done to finally get it right, but in the last few minutes of the show we figured it out and I got a few seconds of TV time. One of my favorite road trips by far, one that makes me excited for all the football road trips we hope to take in the future.

3 comments:

Southern Belle said...

Oh my gosh! So fun! I think we kept rewinding and watching you on tv for like an hour straight that day, hahah, we have it DVR'd so you can see it on your next visit:) Did you ever think growing up that you would be sporting a UF shirt? That looked like sooo much fun though!! Very cute pictures:)

Craig and Cassie said...

I love how Craig and I look like we hate each other one second and then pose for the camera!

Karen said...

I looked at all these pictures on my computer last night and they are great...looks like a fantantic trip...so glad you and Trent are having so much fun loving those Gators!!!