Labels

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Welcome to Gatorville

We have been in Gainesville for almost two months now and have made it out to the La chua Trail twice already to observe nature and the slew of alligators that live in it. Our very first visit to the trail was with my brother, Alex, and his family along with my sister, Amanda, and her daughter. The second time was with Ryker, my sister's husband, when he came to visit. It's almost gauranteed that if you come and visit us in Gainesville, you will get taken down to this La chua Trail, which is also refered to as Payne's Prarie, to see the gators. The first 500 yards or so is fenced in and raised above the water. But after that its wide open with no fence-- just water, gators, and a nice little trail to walk along. The aligators haven't shown any hostility so far, and unless that changes we plan to continue our frequent visits.
Trent's usual involvement with this blog that I call "ours" is slim to nothing, the exception being this very post. I think he has reminded me at least once a day for the past week or so to post the pictures of the gators. So, per Trent's request, please enjoy the following slide show.

7 comments:

Sabrina said...

I walking this trail would make me a little nervous. It might take some coaxing to get me to go when we come to visit.

Tice said...

Reminds me of when your mom took us swimming with the gators at Wakulla Springs every summer. Scared me to death and yet I was fascinated. :)

Brittany said...

Isn't it crazy, all those alligators in one place! Have you guys walked the whole thing? I want to do that sometime.

Kim said...

very cool! I've been wanting to go here! My sister-in-law (Aaron's wife) is coming to visit for five days and I've been trying to think of stuff to do-- thanks for reminding me about this place:)

Karen said...

Guess you have got to go again this weekend to take me! Looks like fun!

Dee Ann Carter said...

Hey its great to see you! LOL.. its funny to admit but I have looked at your blog some before you contacted mine. So I knew a little that was going on in your family. I hope everyone is good! You guys look great!

JAG said...

How fun...and scary!