Labels

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We finally made it

After stopping for 4 sit down meals, driving for 3 long days, sleeping at 2 different hotels, and repairing 1 flat tire, we can now say we survived our long trek to Florida. Life was nothing short of crazy before, during, and after the move, and it hasn't been until recently that it has started to slow down. Hence, a typical photo recap of the last few blog-less months of our life.

Our good friends Katie and Joe came to Utah from California during the beginning of April and we were able to spend the weekend with them in Park City at their grandparent's vacation home that's only a few small strides away from the ski lift. Here we are after lunch at the summit house restaurant.
Trent skied and the rest of us snowboardedSince we had so much fun with Katie and Joe, Trent and I had to go again before the big move. This time we checked out Snowbasin, which is one of the few resorts in Utah that has covered lifts that take you up the mountain. Here we are inside of one (gondola).Remember how I mentioned something about chemistry goggles in my previous post? Here you have it. Trent and I couldn't find either of our ski goggles before leaving so Trent brought his chemistry goggles and I bought some youth goggles up at the resort.
Here's Trent posing with his awesome goggles on.And remember how I mentioned something about black eyes? Here's what happened. I led Trent down a black diamond, going as fast as possible, when out of no where a big dip comes up and I start tumbling. Head first. Of course I freak out. It didn't help that I had just heard about Natasha Richardson's accident.
After a quick visit with the ski patrol we headed back up the mountain for a few more runs before the resort closed. Here we are on our way out, swollen eye and all. After our ski trip we hit the books and studied for finals. Once we finished our finals we packed. And then there was graduation. This is what our big day looked like:Here is a picture at the breakfast of me and my best friend from the accounting program, Katie.

We made several walks from our apartment on the southeast side of campus to the Marriott Center on the northwest side of campus. Wearing strappy heals was not a good idea.
Here is Trent showing us all of his teaching awards
And here we are in the Tanner building. I didn't get any teaching awards myself so the best we could do is stand in front of a statue and plaque about service.
This is at the Marriott school reception. They had a slide show going with all the achievements received by the various programs this year. The accounting program got bumped up to number one this year. Too bad no one knows this in Gainesville.
So happy to be done.
After the long graduation both of our families met at wallaby's for dinner.

7 comments:

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Amelia - That is so great about your graduation from BYU! How awesome! I am glad you guys made it safe to Gainesville. :)

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Conratulations. It's always good to have another BYU Alum in the family! Glad you made it to FL!

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

I meant another TWO BYU alumni in the family!

Judy said...

I'm glad you've finally had time to write a blog. I've missed them. Cute pictures.

Kirs:) said...

Amelia!!! Your back:) you have been missed dear! I LOVE all your pics especially the last one with you and Trent, too cute!!! CONGRATS to both of you on your graduations and welcome back to Florida:)

Brittany said...

Yea Amelia & Trent!!!! You two are awesome!

Brenda Chela said...

Ah, I loved this catch-up post. It's so great to know what you've been up to! Trent's goggles were awesome! :) Haha
Congratulations on graduating to both of you! What an exciting time! :) I miss you meals and seeing you snowboarding makes me miss the good ol times! :)