Labels

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sad, Sad week for Mrs. Savage

I can't remember the last time I cried two times in one week for purposes of self-pity, but this week proved to be the perfect week to do so.

Monday: after spending over an hour preparing imitation meatloaf for dinner (lentils, rice, chopped veggies, etc), I placed the casserole dish on an unknowingly hot stove eye and a few minutes later the dish burst into a million tiny little shards all over the kitchen floor. [insert self pity tears] On the up side my sweet husband whipped my tears and hugged me until my tears went away. And as an extra bonus we were able deep clean our kitchen which was very much needed.

Tuesday: While backing out of the driveway in the snow, I scrapped my neighbors car. I got out of the car, inspected the damage-- none to our car, a tiny little line of paint removed from their car-- then went and told the neighbors. I felt so bad cause my neighbors are the nicest people I could ever ask to live beneath, and although I wanted to cry in self pity I didn't have time. I was already running late to my dentist appointment with my friend who is learning how to become a hygienist. Combined with the horrible traffic due to the snow, I was 30 minutes late.

Friday: I couldn't breath all night, which in turn meant I couldn't sleep all night. Early in the morning I had the brilliant idea of taking my allergy medicine which enabled me to get into a deep deep sleep starting around 5 am. I was supposed to be in my stats lab at 9, so when I awoke from my deep sleep and noticed it was 9, I jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes, and made it to my lab at 9:25ih. I was stuck on my last homework problem that everyone else had already finished when one of my classmates kindly asked me what I was working on and, well [insert self pity tears]. So embarrassing [insert more self pity tears here].

Recalling these stories just makes me laugh, and although sometimes I am tempted to cry when adversity hits, a better alternative is just to laugh.

7 comments:

natalie said...

I hate bad weeks. Luckily you have a sweet husband who will comfort you when your casserole dish explodes. Mine would just laugh and say I'm lame. :)

JAG said...

Poor Meals. Let's go out to dinner this week...your choice. Let me know when and where. :D

Sabrina said...

My mom told me all about your flat tire and your message on my phone Saturday morning certainly made me think you weren't feeling fabulous. I am sorry the whole week was hard though. I am so glad to hear Trent is good to you though. Oh how he's changed over the years!

Tice said...

This story made me laugh. Not that I don't pity you. But when you step back and think about it, life can be purdy funny most of the time.

Here's to having a better week!

Sally Sirmans said...

I had the same thing happen to a Greek chicken dish that I spent hours on. I turned on the wrong burner and POOF! the dish shattered. I cried too. I mean, come on, I don't cook that often... and then to have this mishap happen? Sad day, indeed. Ha. Hey, we need to get together soon. Call me.

Mariah said...

Oh no! Your week sounds so sad!! I totally would have cried at all of those things too.

Brenda Chela said...

Meals...you are so cute!!! This makes me want to cry too though. haha