Labels

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Cherry on Top

Saturday: The perfect ending to my sad sad week see the following post below. I was sick and in bed all day, but gradually got better and finally around 7 I was up for going to SLC for our valentines dinner. We went to the Restaurant at the Hilton because we had a gift certificate there. At restuarants.com we paid 4 bucks for a $25 gift card. I got to wear my most favorite pair of shoes with my new dress that my mom gave me for Christmas.The dinner was amazing, but the trip to Trent's parents afterwords was even more amazing. When we got out to our car we found the back passenger side tire to be severely lacking air, as it had leaked out though a small nail hole. We threw on the spare which we then discovered to be pretty low on air as well, but we decided we would keep it on and just drive very slowly until we reached the nearest gas station to fill it up. We only got about a half a mile before the spare went completely flat. We pulled over and called AAA. Luckily my parents still have me on their membership and we were able to get the car towed to a Chevron where we replaced our spare with the original and filled it up with enough air to make it to Trent's parent's house. Here are some pictures of me helping Trent change the tires.

6 comments:

natalie said...

You help change a tire just like I do. :) Happy Valentines!

JAG said...

Sounds like a happy, happy Valentine's Day... :(

Judy said...

I didn't know about all the stuff before the tire. I hope you have a better week this week. Thanks for your help yesterday. The grandkids will sure miss you. You are so cute with them.

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry you had such a bad week, Amelia. I hope things are better this week:)

Karen said...

You need to clarify that your dress you got for Christmas was a hand-me down....I had worn it several times before I realized I looked absolutely silly in it. Everyone else just got the ole bucket and I don't want any hurt feelings among the family!!! By the way, your shoes are so cute with it!! Thanks for our bucket of candy...and the CDs..Dad and I love everything!!! We love you, too!

Kim said...

That sounds like it was just a terrible, horrible no good very bad week! Yet you still came out smiling:) Pat on the back is definitely deserved here. :)

I am really bad about reading (and enjoying) blogs, but not commenting enough...but I want you to know that I love reading your posts! Hope your weekend is fun!