Labels

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mac Attack

My Mac has made me angry.
Angry that I can't check my email.
Angry that I am not mac-savvy enough to figure it out.
And angry that I have wasted 3 weeks trying to do so.

During peaks of frustration I have even made threats to take my old laptop back and give this piece of white trash to Trent. It only takes him point three seconds to take me up on my offers/threats. But when it really came down to it, I just didn't have the heart to do that to him. I made the horrible assumption that if I couldn't figure it out, then neither could he.

I also knew Trent needed the same capabilities in the computer he uses as do I, namely yahoo mail, byu.edu, and blackboard. We were basically limited to google searches; better than nothing, yet still not the functions we are looking for in a computer.

So what sort of creative things have I done in attempts to fix this "lucky prize" of mine? For sake of making this already-too-long-of-a-post post any longer I will cut to the chase and tell you the one hundred, fifty-seventh operation (which just so happened to be the correct option) made on the 13 inch Macintosh.

apple. restart. Thats right, the entire time I owned the thing I never once shut it down. And that's precisely what did the trick.

6 comments:

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes, and hey, if you don't want the mac, I'll take it!! :) Michael had to get one when he started at UC three years ago and after a couple of weeks of cursing under my breath, I now find it hard to use a PC. I guess I am now a mac-girl. It won't be long Amelia, until you are one of us...

Sabrina said...

I was just going to say the same thing - if you don't want the Mac, we'd be happy to take it off your hands. I am sure you're not interested in that, but you really should bring it over so Brett can show you some things

Brittany said...

Good for you, Amelia. You stuck with it through the hard times :)

JAG said...

Can I just tell you how much I miss you? Thank you.

Aubry T Jensen said...

hey! did you figure out your mac? if you need help i am always willing to come help you out. ha. just let me know. and definately on the triple date idea!

Amanda said...

That is funny...I always give up and restart my computer...more like forcefully turn it off and cross my fingers that it will work when I turn it back on ;)