Labels

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

That's the motto I usually follow. That is, at least, this past month when our car's battery died twice but I opted to wait until it was 100% broken before getting it replaced. Of course the second Trent goes out of town it dies again. Not once. But twice. For a grand total of four times in one month.

After having a whole parking lot full of people try to jump my car (at least I am certain it is 100% dead now), 50 minutes later I am at Auto Zone with my new battery. I went straight there, didn't want to run the risk of having to get my car jumped 3 times in one day. Being the over-the-top thrifter (new word, but it works) that I am, I decided to call around before going though with the transaction. Checkers. Pep Boys. Ray's Campus. All the same price, give or take 2 bucks, but Auto Zone's warranty was the best. Plus I was already there. 

And just when I thought I had found a great deal, they told me they were out of the particular battery they had quoted me on, so they gave me the next best one for the same price. Thats right ladies and gentlemen-- a three year warranty for the price of two!

Call me crazy but that just about made my day.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

HA HA! You are so funny that you actually called all those places. That is what makes you amazing! Glad you got the best deal but mostly glad you got your car fixed. I can just picture the crowd that gathered to help jump your car :)

Amanda said...

What is your schedule like? We need to hang out. I am typically free after 5pm. Thanks for checking battery prices, we might have to get a new one for Adam's car so it is good to know where the good deals are.

Mrs. Blimes said...

you're def a better bargain huntress than me! although i do stretch my poor car to its absolute limits b/f getting any work done! lol

Aubry T Jensen said...

Cute new posts:) i just read them all and it sounds like yall are having fun. thats great that Trent's thing went well. i hope that works out for yall. and your hair looks great. all of your nieces and nephews are so big! it was fun to see pictures of them. as for me life has been crazy busy. i just started working at kohl's and i'm not exactly fond of it. we will see how it goes. also, big news... we aren't getting married in December anymore. it isn't working out for everyone and this are already crazy, so i think we will get married mid winter semester (we haven't figured out a date yet) i will let you know though. anyways, hopefully this will calm down so that we can all go on that triple date!