Labels

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lucky Winners

Trent's Grandma called us up a little past noon on Saturday the sixth to tell us about a Grand Opening event she had read about in the newspaper. It was at Deseret First Credit Union in Provo and they were giving out free stuff, at minimum she said we could get a free hamburger. However, the event ended at two o'clock so we had to hurry over. We got there around one and enjoyed a free hamburger. Then we went inside to open two separate accounts so that we could each get the 50 dollar deposit for opening a new account. We were way excited about our free one hundred bucks
We also set up direct deposit which enabled us to pick out a free ipod once our first check appeared in our account. Trent hasn't gone into redeem his, but when I went in I drew the shuffle. I never thought I would want a shuffle since there is no screen, its too small, etc. But when I opened it up and saw the cute little charging dock I instantly fell in love. It is too cute:
Lastly, we put our name into a drawing for one of the following: a trip to Disney Land, a big screen TV, or a MacBook.
They called me up last Monday to tell me that I won the MacBook! Crazy I know- who knew people actually won those things! Trent also lucks out by getting my (2 year-) old laptop. Still adjusting to the whole mac thing but I know I will fall in love soon enough.

7 comments:

Sabrina said...

I still can't believe you won that. That's so cool. I wish we had been in town to take advantage, but it sounds like luck was on your side anyway :)

Kim said...

wow!!! That IS lucky!! How exciting!

JAG said...

Oh. My. F word. Meals! You are SO lucky!! That's awesome! I'll have to come over and envy you soon. :)
I got your message - I was picking up my little brother from the airport when you called. I'll call you about getting together next week!

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Oh! I am so jelous! I have been saving up for a new mac for two years!! I wonder if a bank is opening up near me...

natalie said...

Lucky. I'm jealous of your sweet new mac book.

natalie said...

ps, macs are awesome! You'll la,la, love it when you adjust.

Brittany said...

I love the pictures! You guys racked up at the bank. Good for you!