Labels

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another post about Food

My dear friend Ali gave me the following recipe and on behalf of Tice's search for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever I am posting this to my blog. I must warn you though, I made these cookies the other day and they didn't turn out nearly as well as when my friend made them. So, bake these cookies at your own risk.

put ingredients in KitchenAid mixer in this order:

note: when you see a dashed line, this means blend until well blended, then stop the blending and add the next set of ingredient(s)

1 stick of BUTTER FLAVORED crisco (the butter flavored is apparently more important than I originally thought)
--------------------------------------------
1 cup of sugar
1.5 cups of brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
--------------------------------------------
2 eggs
--------------------------------------------
one + .5 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups of old fashioned slow cooking oats
1 bag/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
--------------------------------------------

At this point you should be able to roll into balls with your hands. Make sure you can do this, if not, perhaps you added to much liquid or not enough dry stuff.

Anyway, place the perfect little balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie pan and bake at 350 for 9 minutes. They shouldn't look completely done when you pull them out of the oven. Keep them on the pan and let them continue to cook there, until they are cool, then you can remove with spatula.

Please let me know how they turn out because I wont be able to try out this recipe anytime soon. I have a problem: I put on some jeans this morning that I haven't put on in forever because they have always been too big and baggy. Today they fit just right. If anything they were on the tight side. Upon realization of this I lost my appetite. I wasn't hungry for breakfast and its afternoon and I am not hungry for lunch. The problem isn't the loss of appetite, I am sure it will be back in no time, the problem is the pants being tight. I need to work on this problem before I practice this cookie recipe.

5 comments:

Tice said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'll try it this weekend. Um...yeah, about the pants not fitting. I'm finding that to be my case with this whole cookie quest. And, yet, I can't stop myself!

Sally Sirmans said...

Pant tightness...it happens to the best of us. sigh.

Aubry T Jensen said...

SO Amelia...we need to hang out sometime soon! I know you are probably super busy with school...so, if thats the case i understand. But, after school gets out we must! Its been forever, i miss you! cute blog by the way. I need to you teach me all i need to know so i can change it like everyone else does:)

Amanda said...

Your music was so loud that Kalil started bouncing up and down and smiling....anyway time for a new post =)

Sally Sirmans said...

Something HAS to have happened since this post!!! I know for a fact that you went to Vegas and didn't take me. Where are your pics of this event?