Labels

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Salsa-ed Out

I was introduced to my new favorite salsa, Jacks Special Medium Salsa, by a co-worker a while back (thanks Kaydee!). About a month ago I went to Costco to buy a container of it but it was all sold out, so I was excited two weeks ago when I was at Costco and found some. From that point on, all I have wanted for every meal is salsa and chips, and let me tell you, I actually did have salsa and chip at least three times a day. Each new day I was back to the fridge for more, until now.
I think I am salsa-ed out. I sat down this afternoon and ate some and it just wasn't the same. It might have to do with the fact that it is just about expired (it says to use within 14 days). But really I think it is because I have downed almost the entire 48 oz container, single-handedly. And don't think it's because I'm greedy and didn't share, I tried to share but no one was interested in partaking. So me, knowing it would expire in two weeks, took it upon myself to consume as much as possible. I think I will use the remaining salsa to make this recipe that I found on Jack's website. And probably will wait awhile until I buy another container of Jacks.
Don't get me wrong, I highly recommend the salsa to anyone, it is delish. It would probably be best though if you have someone to eat it with you, or a good recipe to help share the burden.

8 comments:

Tice said...

I'm more interested in those Hint of Lime chips hiding behind the salsa. Those are tasty.

Can I just say that I'm loving these food recommendations of yours? Well, good. 'Cause I do.

Amanda said...

You don't need a baby to talk about on your blog, you've got food! I love hearing about what you eat, seriously =) I want some chips and Salsa! Actually I want the bean dip and chips at Chilies that I was just recently introduced to with Kelley. Yum!!

Amanda said...

Also, I love how the bag of chips is empty... and you must be bored at work because you have a new pattern for you blog everyday!

natalie said...

Tostitos can make a good hint of lime tortilla chip! Oh yea, the salsa looks mighty tasty too!
I'm lovin' your new title picture BTW!

Sally Sirmans said...

MMMMM. Me loves a good chips and salsa. however, 48 oz in 14 days sounds daunting. Doesn't anyone sell a smaler container?

Amelia said...

sally- all the pictures online that I could find were of a much smaller container, hence the reason I had to take my own picture with my empty bag of chips. So yes, there is a smaller size sold, but I don't know where. I'll keep my eyes open for one.

Kaydee said...

Yeah buddy this salsa is the best i am glad you like it!!!

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Now that's alot of salsa!