Labels

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I love Tuna

I sometimes have cravings for Tuna. Other than its strong smell, I love everything about it. For lunch today Trent and I did a taste test to figure out which brand tastes the best. The two cans that we had on hand were:Bumble Bee
andChicken of the Sea
both "in Water", of course.
And the winner is.....

BUMBLE BEE!

well, it depends on what you like. We liked Bumble Bee because it was chunkier, less juicy, and less fishy tasting. I drained both before adding mayo and mustard but I couldn't get as much of the moisture out of the Chicken of the Sea, which I think causes it's fishier flavor. I am not sure on the difference in price (if any), but for some reason I think Bumble Bee might be a tad bit more pricey. But I tell you- its worth it!
I still need to compare the winner of our most recent taste test to StarKist. I will inform you all of the result of taste test #2 as soon as they are available. Or maybe you already know? Is Starkist better than the above two?

3 comments:

Tice said...

I love these compare and contrast posts. Good to know about Bumble Bee. I'm with you. Less moisture, less fishy taste. But anytime I open a can of tuna, Kylie and Jackson both talk for an hour about how much it stinks. And, yet, I eat it anyway.

natalie said...

I'm a lover of chicken of the sea myself. And no Jessica Simpson has nothing to do with it. Tuna does have a foul odor but it's mighty tasty!

Sally Sirmans said...

Try carnation brand too. I've found it has more flaver.