Labels

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Baby's First Week

It has been quite the eventful week for Baby TJ. On Wednesday he met his cousin Stevie, Aunt Dana, and Uncle Andy.
And that night he had his first baby sitter- my mom watched him while Trent and I ran to Walmart. We were so nervous that he would get hungry while we were gone but of course he just slept the whole time.
On Thursday he had his first doctor's appointment where we found out he had lost 7 ounces putting him in the 32nd percentile for weight and 81st percentile for height. Oh, and his head circumference was in the 38th percentile- he was the small headed baby I had been dreaming of after all.
We were excited when they put us in the sports themed doctor's room :) Although he doesn't look too thrilled himself.
Everyday he has spent most of him time sleeping. Lots of sleeping and lots of eating.
On Saturday we gave him a sponge bath
he didn't really appreciate that.
But we had to get him cleaned up for his very first outing- a trip to the UF baseball game that evening.
Even though we were too late to make it inside the gate, he loved it! He didn't even cry during his diaper change.
On Sunday we got him dressed up for church in his cute submarine outfit even though we didn't actually go to church. Unfortunately he didn't keep this outfit on for too long because he peed through the diaper. It took Trent and I a week to figure out how to properly change a little boy's diaper. Swadlers work better than Huggies and you have to point the little pee pee down.

12 comments:

Brittany said...

You're awesome, Amelia! Already out and about a week after giving birth. What a cute little family! By the way, you look great!

Southern Belle said...

hahah! "You have to point the little pee pee down" that cracked me up! You seriously do look sooo good already!! And TJ is so adorable, I can't wait to see him in real life! I am glad you have a boy so you can teach me how to do everything when it is our turn to have one (hopefully), haha...

The Tabot Fam said...

lol! Taking notes already... So excited for you and looking forward to watching TJ learn and grow via blog :) You're my hero!

Sabrina said...

You don't even look like you just had a baby. You look so good and TJ is adorable. I loved the pee pee down part. They gave us that little tip in the hospital, otherwise, I am sure we would have had similar issues. Now, I'd like some tips on how to pin your child down once they learn to crawl so you can wipe down their poopy bums. Disgusting things happen when they are squirming around like that (just thought I'd give you a preview of what's to come in a few short months)!

Amanda said...

Awe!!! So cute! I love all the pictures:) He is so adorable and he looks familiar, must have Lunt traits! I love him!! You look great and what a cute family in the orange and blue! Can't wait to come meet him! PS tell Sabrina, to hold her baby's arms down with her feet when changing diapers! It works quite well:) More pictures soon!!!

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Wow, Amelia, I am so excited for you! He is adorable and you look amazing!

Amanda said...

Haha! Thanks for the advice about the "pee pee down"! You look amazing! I'm very jealous that you got to leave the house so soon.

Brian Glenn said...

amelia! congrats! i seriously am so excited for you... and check you out, already getting out of the house... amazing! can't wait to see him...

Brittany said...

First of all, you look amazing! Second of all, love the baseball changing picture. Thirdly, I saw that submarine outfit at Target and almost got it just because I thought it was cute! And lastly, Swaddlers are the best and you might consider a pee pee t-pee. It is a cone (like a snow cone cup) to put over them during changes so you don't get wet! :) hahaha he is a cutie!!!

Mariah said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable!

Kim said...

how did this post not show up on my blog roll until now?! I do not know. but how fun! Man that is AWESOME that you got out and about so quick! I was so stir crazy! Thanks for the updates on your little man...I know you're busy but we'll always love to read them!

Harris Family said...

Congrats on your adorable little baby! what an exciting time for yall! You look really great too!