Labels

Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby Savage has arrived

Our precious baby boy was born June 6th at 4:33 pm. He weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces and was 21 inches long. We named him Trent Jr. but we will call him TJ to keep everyone straight. Here is his story:
Saturday night I was one week past the due date and bored out of my mind. I decided to buy a box of hair dye at Walmart. Around 9:00, when I began the dying process, I started to feel the beginning of what became labor. An hour later I felt what I thought was another contraction. This went on though the night until 2:00 am, at which point I knew without a doubt that this was the real deal and decided to call the hospital. My midwife told me I could come to the hospital as soon as I wanted. However, I was too terrified of being turned away so I labored through the night and early morning until I decided I had had enough. We arrived at the hospital at 7:00 am and was dilated 6 centimeters. As soon as they gave me the okay for staying I requested the epidural. Best decision of my life. It went from hard contractions every couple of minutes to pure bliss.
We slept for several hours until I felt like I was ready to push. That's when it got incredibly painful. I pushed for what felt like 10 hours (but really was only an hour and a few minutes) and that was that. Trent cut the umbilical cord,
and the nurse cleaned him up,
and we spent the next 48 hours adoring our new baby son.
Then we left the hospital,
and we have enjoyed every minute of having him in our home.
I could stare at this little boy all day if sleeping and eating weren't a necessity. Hence the reason it took me so long to post his story, I have been way to busy trying to soak up as much of his itty bitty self as possible since I know it won't last long enough. I have been taking pictures though and will try to get some more posted soon.

13 comments:

Kim said...

He is seriously sooo sweet and sooo perfect you two! It was wonderful to meet him and see how well you guys are doing! Remember, we're just down the road if you ever need anything!
Love, Auntie Kim;D

Rebecca said...

Amelia! I am so excited for you! I love those first few days, and soaking them in. I can't wait to see more pics of him. BTW...how did your hair turn out?

Mrs. Blimes said...

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful! I am so happy for you all!

Tice said...

Congrats and Happy Birthday baby TJ!

Jason and Bree said...

Congrats girl!!! Soooo cute!!

Southern Belle said...

OH MY GOSH!! He is so tiny and adorable!! I can't believe how freakishly tan Trent is!!! I need to get my butt out in the sun! I am so excited for you guys and I was the same way- I just wanted to soak up every second. I don't think I even wanted to answer phone calls for like 2 months!! Congratulations and let us know about 4th of July weekend when you find out:)

Brenda Chela said...

Wow! How exciting Amelia!!!! He's too cute and I'm so happy for you! Yes, post MORE pictures! :)

Brittany said...

Isn't it wonderful?! Newborns are just so mesmerizing. Congratulations and glad you had a good experience with the epidural. I highly recommend them! They make it so much more comfortable! We're happy for you guys and look forward to more pictures!!!

Aubry T Jensen said...

SO cute... i love him already! Congrats you two, I am so happy for you both.

Kirs:) said...

He is PERFECT!!! Congratulations Amelia & Trent!!! And your right, it does not last long at all so soak up every little moment you can:):)

Karen said...

Very cute pictures of you three...well maybe of Trent and TJ...JK! So glad he is finally here and like I've told you over and over, just enjoy every moment with him. Can't wait to see him again!

Brittany said...

Way to go, Amelia! You're awesome. The picture of Trent looking at him is so sweet. I CAN'T WAIT to see little TJ. I'm trying to wait until Alex can come, but I don't know if I'll make it!

Shells said...

aww congrats! He's so cute. i agree on the epidural bit, one of the best decision I ever made. Enjoy being a mommy!