Labels

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

i•ron•ic

adj.
Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs:

One of the main reasons Trent wanted to go to Florida for dental school was because of the warm weather. Isn’t it kind of ironic that this winter just so happened to be the second coldest winter Gainesville has ever seen since they started recording temperatures in the early 1900s? Believe it or not, I think this has been the most stressful thing for Trent to handle since we’ve been here. He may have even lost hair over it.

But he’s not the only one who’s been losing hair. They say your hair is supposed to be “full and luxurious” when pregnant, something to do with the growing phase and the resting phase… but this is not the case for me. It seems that I have been losing more hair than ever the past few months (ironic, no?). Although the American Pregnancy Association would blame it on vitamin deficiency, I’m pretty sure it has more to do with stress (Hello! Vitamin-packed Ovaltine is my drink of choice these days). Stressing over little things that I really shouldn’t stress over, like having to give birth to a child with a big head. Or now, stressing over the fact that my baby is in breech position. I swear he was there with us at all those child birth classes, but he obviously wasn’t paying any attention. Isn’t it kind of ironic that I used to worry about having to push for hours to get that big ole head out but now I worry about not having the opportunity to (if he stays in his current position we would most likely have to go the c-section route)?

I’ve also been a wee bit stressed over the townhouse that we made an offer on 39 days ago. Since it’s a “short sale” we have to wait for the bank to approve our offer. We have heard absolutely nothing from them yet. But we just recently did find out that someone else has made an offer in the mean time. The most ironic thing of all is the fact that they call this thing a “short sale.” There is nothing short to it.

We have about 10 more weeks till our small-headed, non-breech baby is going to make his entrance and we have no clue where or if this child will have shelter. The good thing is that it's starting to warm up here in Gainesville. At least one of us will have hair at that point.

8 comments:

natalie said...

He has ten weeks to get his act together and turn his bum around, try no to worry too much. Easier said then done, I know. Andrew was breech at 23 weeks, but he managed to turn himself around by the time I delivered. Clee on the other hand was manually turned around at 27 weeks. I didn't even know they did that, but it hurt. I'd take the C section over that any day. Much safer.

Kirs:) said...

Katie was breech until the day before she was born! So no worries Amelia, your little one will do a major flip on you just in time:) I hope things go okay with the town house you want. My friends just sold their house on a short sale and it took almost 5 months, so hold strong it will all work out! We'll be praying for you that it all works out :):)

Judy said...

I hope the baby starts practicing his headstands soon. I also crossing my fingers that you'll soon hear about the townhouse. Good luck.

Southern Belle said...

My sister's midwife had to flip her baby and my sister had to lie upside down on an ironing board or something... I don't really know how they did it but I remember my mom calling me and telling me my sister had to lie upside down on the ironing board for a certain period of time and I wished I was there to see it:) Haha... turn little Savage!!

Sabrina said...

I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left! I hope he turns around for you too. It's a good lesson to learn right away, kids will do what they want to do at the time they want to do it. Good luck on the upcoming delivery and I have my fingers crossed for you guys getting your townhouse. If you get it, you got a major steal. I will envy your mortgage ;)

Amanda said...

If he doesn't turn on his own, just have a C section...it is probably the easiest way to go and if it is the safest way then keep that in mind. But when you are pregnant it is hard to be logical about anything:) Good luck with the town house, if it does fall through, just know a better option is probably on its way to you. See you this weekend! Stop stressing, save your hair! Little hairs that grow back in are sure annoying!

Karen said...

Things will work out fine, they always do....and remember, I was a breech baby and I'm just fine....uhmmmm......HA! See you later on today! <3, <3, <3!

The Reillys said...

we have our patients get on their hands and knees for 30min a day to turn a breech baby. it works pretty well. just clean your floor or base boards and that baby will flip right on around!

Logan