Labels

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Summer Wrap-up [Part 1]

We have had a very busy summer. In July when I started to get behind on my blog I decided I would try and soak up all the "Trent time" I could before he started school. As rumor had it he would be crazy busy, which means I would have all the time in the world to sit my lonely self down at a computer and update the blog. I *thought* the first day of school was August 24 but it turns out that was actually orientation, and the next day too, oh, and there was a third day of orientation. And then 4 days off before school really started and then a week later there was a holiday, all of which means a longer summer and less me-time to create this much delayed summer wrap-up post.
Trent went to a group members house tonight to work on a presentation. Looks like me-time kicks in today. In fact, before he left he tells me its time for me to update the blog. He lays out a game plan, suggests I do this Part I, II, II system, and prays at the dinner table that I will be able to finish my blogging before he gets home, what?? So here we go...
Part I is June 2009, btw.

One of the only things I can remember about June was our trip to Elberton, Georgia to visit Jeff, Stacey, and their sweet baby Cheyenne. We hadn't seen them for just over a year when they left Utah to take a football coaching position in this small town just outside of Athens, very close to where my grandma lives. We were so excited that they were moving south and we were just crossing our fingers that we would be able to follow them there the next summer. Just yesterday I was telling Trent how I miss the days when we would hang out with Jeff and Stacey into the wee hours of the morning, we would just get more and more giggly and couldn't help but hang out longer. One time we actually had a sleep over. I am getting off topic, lets just say Jeff and Stacey are one of our favorite friends and we are glad that we only live 6 hours apart and are able to occasionally get in our late night laughs with them. While we were there we went to the UGA Sanford Stadium (where we walked around the whole thing until we found a cracked door to sneak in through), went to dinner with my grandma, went running, Trent and Jeff played basketball, went to the Clemson Stadium (where we touched the famous Howard's Rock which the Clemson football team touches prior to every game, we also got VIP access to the suites upstairs), ate at Mac's Drive inn, visited Little John Basketball Court, and we got to see their beautiful new home in Athens. Here are some pictures
Whoops can't read my captions. Try clicking on it to make it bigger.

2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

HAHAHAH!! I love how Trent has a strategy and a part system for the blog!! I was seriously laughing out loud all through this post:
a) at the part system previously mentioned (I love how boys act like they don't care about stuff like this, but Jeff checks our blog for comments everyday)
b) memories of our sleepovers, I think we are the only married couples who still have sleepovers, besides creepy ones....
c) your comments on all of the pictures- hilarious!
d) the lemon picture of Cheyenne- I need a copy of that!
e) That MEAN picture of me sleeping in the backseat!!!!

Did Jeff tell you we will be at your house the whole time during Thanksgiving break??? Is that okay? My brother will be deployed, so we decided we will just go visit them another time. Great post! Love it (because we are in it, hahahh)...

Judy said...

I'm glad you've got so many great friends to hang with.