Labels

Friday, March 1, 2013

Summer 2012

This was sooo long ago, I can barely remember the details... but Summer 2012 did exist and we did do lots of fun trips. In fact, I haven't posted this sooner because there are pictures from two of our trips to Savannah and Hilton Head that I never was able to transfer from my sister and mom's camera... but in order to record life (and check that off the list for our Feel Great in 8 competition), here is a recap of most of last year's summer travels!

We took a trip with Alex's family to St. George Island.

We found a dinosaur in the sand!

We rented a paddle board and we all had a great time playing on it.

Warner's big dive!

Rylee's big jump!

Rexy!

TJ!

And Ayla! I think she wanted to take a quick taste of my salty thumb.

Family photo!

Alex trying out the paddle board.

TJ's swimsuit was itching him, so, underwear it was.

The whole family.

4th of July! Pool party at my parent's house.

And fireworks at night!  When we were talking about fireworks the other day TJ remembered this 4th of July, specifically that he shared his favorite green floral blanket with his cousins to sit on while we watched the fireworks in the Costco parking lot, and that Uncle Alex carried him (I actually don't even remember that part! The only thing I remember is TJ having an accident on my lap! I was soaked.) 

My mom and I took a trip to see Meme in Georgia. On our way up we stopped by my mom's friend's house and the adorable town of Senoia where we toured the Southern Living design house.

TJ tried to take a group photo for us.

That's better!

Oh man! Tubing in Helen, GA with just the kids and my mom- what an adventure!

I bundled my tiny baby in the smallest life jacket they had and prayed the entire 45 minutes down that I wouldn't lose her in the rapids.

It had just rained so the water was higher and faster than usual but there was an occasional peaceful moment here and there. My mom and I were pretty scared the whole time but the kids evidently felt safe enough to take periodic naps!

We swam in the pool at the timeshare. It's crazy how this pool shrinks every time I visit. I remember it being a pretty good sized pool when I was a kid!

We walked to a BBQ joint on the corner with Meme and Lee. The food was delicious!

My mom stayed with Meme and Lee and their bulldog, and I stayed with my friend, Stacey, and her girls! It worked out perfect because her husband happened to be out of town, and all of us girls (plus TJ) had a blast! 

TJ was spoiled with the Bennum's awesome indoor pool to bathe in.

We packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed the free and fabulous Bear Hollow Zoo. 

Looking at the bears. We ended our visit with a trip to the ER for TJ's arm. It was a fun trip that we will always remember.

In August we took a trip to Melbourne beach.





The waves were too big for the kids, but they enjoyed playing in the sand.

And eating it!



After Melbourne we stopped at Fort Christmas, just outside of Orlando.

1 comment:

Southern Belle said...

so fun!!! YOu have to send me those pictures!!! Cheyenne still talks about the bears having her doggie book!