Labels

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ayla's Seventh Month

What a time we have had with our little seventh month old. Before I begin to complain, I must say she really is a great baby. She plays happily with her toys, smiles at anyone that looks at her, and is a champion when it comes to eating. She just had a hard time sleeping this summer. We never got into a routine which meant she never slept through the night. Alllll summer long. Just when I was about to throw in the towel on the whole two baby business, we took an unexpected trip to Texas (we were going to go on a vacation to the Florida Keys but Isaac decided to go there instead) and my mom offered to watch Ayla. It worked out great- I got to get all sorts of sleep while in Texas, and my mom had Ayla sleeping through the night by the time we got back. Knock on wood, but Ayla has been sleeping eleven blessed hours straight the past few nights. And (very seriously) praise the Lord, I am finally able to enjoy this sweet little baby again.

Here she is doing what she does best- eat. I love this boon
spoon where you can mix rice cereal and dispense directly
into baby's mouth. Rice cereal two times a day = baby
sleeping through the night.

Ayla is so funny about her veggies and meat. She eats them,
but you can totally tell she doesn't care for them. Once she
has had enough she will start sucking on her foot as if to
tell me- my foot tastes better than that nasty stuff.

Ayla just goes with the flow. "Oh, you want to play soccer
with TJ while you hold me? Okay!"

"Don't mind me, I'll just take a nap."

Playing happily on the floor.

Ayla loves her carseat- that's where she takes some of her
longest naps. Here she is snoozing at the zoo.

After the zoo she got to play at the pool with Ella Grace.
EG can't resist those chubby cheeks, but who can blame her?

Here she is with big bro (borrowing EG and J's suits).

And here's all four of the little cuties.

And here they are again on 9/11. Just before heading to
the fire station to deliver the "special" cookie cake.
I love how Ella Grace and Ayla are having their own
little conversation there in the stroller. And so are the
boys. And so are the ladies.

We bought this jumperoo at the Sirman's yard sale a few
months ago and let me tell you- baby girl can jump. And
jump and jump and jump. I'm pretty sure the jumperoo
makes Ayla's day.

I am so in love with my chubby baby girl!

3 comments:

Judy said...

She keeps looking more and more like TJ. What a cute girl! I'm glad she's sleeping, and I hope it continues.

Kim said...

She is such a pretty, sweet and mild mannered baby girl! I am glad you've gotten some good sleep lately...what a difference that makes in everyday life! We have so much fun playing with y'all and I also love that picture of all of us in our own little conversations...how cute! I didn't even notice it when I was scanning through the photos, but it's perfect...lol!

Karen said...

Loved all the pictures of Ayla and the rest of you guys. Thanks for giving fme credit for her sleeping through the night...but remember, I started the cereal feedings while she was here. Thanks for letting me have her all to myself for a week...I just love having each grandchild one on one. It's the best! Ayla and TJ are two really cute and sweet kids. You are a great mom. I love watching you with them.