Labels

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Father and Son

Today Julian came over to play with TJ while his new baby sister had her pictures taken.

I sat on the couch and casually punched holes in foam while simultaneously absorbing the sight and sound of these two playing. They would giggle as they ran from activity to activity, first playing in the curtains, then chasing each other into the dining room, then onto the fireplace, etc. until Julian says, "Okay, now it's BASKETBALL time!" They run, TJ just two pitter-patters behind Julian, over to the basketball hoop in the corner of the room where they try their hardest to shoot a ball through the hoop without either of them ever having success. But they keep trying. Until Julian sits down with a book and TJ attempts to sit in his lap. He backs his little booty into Julians face, then takes a seat right on top of Julian's lap. That's when I think to myself, my child truly thinks he has two fathers. He LOVES sitting in Trent's lap to read books (and when given the option at bedtime, he always chooses Trent's lap over mine).

A while back, Kim put on her blog a list of funny things Julian had said, one of them being, "come back, Son!" a comment directed at TJ when we were leaving their house.

Certainly the father-son relationship goes both ways.

Father left, Son went straight to sleep, and I was able to finish my hole punching. The finished product was 28 sets of these:


And a carpet full of fun foam confetti!


A friend had the fun idea of doing a "Busy Bag" Swap just like the idea found here. I signed up to do the Foam Lacing Cards. Now I need to drop these little foam shapes into 28 different ziploc bags along with some lacing string, take them to the swapping party, and we all go home with 28 ziploc bags filled with different activities to keep our toddlers busy. Since I still have 20 weeks before receiving my Golden Ticket to Happiness, I have to do everything I can think of that makes me happy. Crafting seems to work. Watching Father and Son play was just a bonus.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love the idea of a toddler activity bag swap. I am totally going to organize one. And, how cute what good friends TJ and Julian are.

Karen said...

That is so funny about Julian and TJ. I can just see TJ trying to sit in Julian's lap! The shapes look great. Your fingers must really be sore after all the cutting and punching. What a neat idea.

Southern Belle said...

That is a really cool idea! I want to do one too:) THanks for posting the link!

Kim said...

bahahaha! This post literally made me laugh out loud:D I love our boys! They are so cute when they get together! Thanks for being such an awesome friend and watching Julian while Ella Grace got her pictures taken:) Also, I love your new blog design! And your foam shapes look super cute! I need to get workin on my busy bags...!

Brittany said...

What funny boys! One day you'll be retelling this story to TJ. How sweet!