Labels

Sunday, August 15, 2010

In other news

Busting out some not-so-exciting posts just as fast as my fingers can type. What else do you do when your baby sleeps for 6 hours straight. I wouldn't know, it's never happened before. I spent the first two hours taking a nap myself, the next two cleaning, and then another two talking to my mom on the phone. And now I am vomiting words just for the sake of posting more posts. Last week TJ had his first round of shots. I was really worried about them, thinking it would make my baby sick and then I would have to figure out how to help a sick child feel better, but to my surprise he only cried for a second after he got pricked and hasn't shown any signs of sickness since.
Notice that chub on my boy's leg. Yep, he is gaining weight. He dropped off the charts in weight a couple weeks ago and even after taking pills to increase my milk supply I was told I was starving my child (they never said it like that, but essentially that's what I was doing) and have begun supplementing with formula. And boy howdy does that formula work. He gobbles it down like there's no tomorrow and his thighs are starting to show it. And his belly. And his checks.

In other news, my dad came down to work on some Heritage books with me of his China adventures. But what really ended up happening is he fed the baby a bottle (and another, and another) while I worked on the books.

And just one more piece of news that might not be super exciting to you, but I will include just because I happened to have taken a picture of it- TJ discovered his reflection. What did he do? He cried. Most babies coo and cah and giggle when they look at themselves in the mirror. Mine cried.
This is him in the swing that Kim, Stace, and Julian are letting us borrow (thank you, thank you, thank you). It has a mirror in the middle of the mobile. I have been trying to get him to look at the mobile for weeks, by tapping on it, telling him to look at it (that never works), but today he decided to do it on his own. And now I am wishing he hadn't since he isn't super fond of the way he looks. I'm hoping this doesn't ruin his liking for the swing because in the past he has loved it. I seriously can't thank Kim and Stace enough for letting us borrow it.
Life Saver.

See those chubby checks? Further proof that my baby is back on the charts.

3 comments:

Southern Belle said...

haha that is funny he started to cry! Poor thing. Maybe he will get used to it:)

Karen said...

Awwwww...such cute pictures! loved the one of him and his papa Lunt! I knew there was a reason I needed to stay home that day...you would have never gotten that picture with me there!!!

Elaine said...

Glad he slept six hours! And you got so much done! Glad he is eating so well and getting chubby. So cute! And handsome!