Labels

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Green Smoothies


Trent's Sister, Sabrina, introduced us to one of my newest favorite treats this past week when she was in town- green smoothies.
All you do is blend fresh spinach with water until pureed, then add all the normal smoothie ingredients, like frozen bananas, berries, etc. A couple spoonfuls of frozen orange juice concentrate is especially helpful in masking the spinach flavor. Although I was very skeptical at first, I have been hooked ever since my first taste, and have been sharing it with everyone who comes to my house.
Rex couldn't get enough of his, but Kalil kept saying she hated it- probably because she helped me make it and knew what was in it. Later on Amanda put some in her juice bottle where she couldn't see the color and she downed it!
And here is a bonus picture just because it is cute. My mom loves her grand babies.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I am glad you like them.

Southern Belle said...

You totally have to make them when you are here! I have a friend here who makes green smoothies, but they are a lot more hard core and hard to choke down, they have tons of spinach, kale, not so much fruit, no yogurt or anything... anyway, yours sounds like I would be able to drink the whole thing!! I need to get more fresh veggies in me and Cheyenne too! I need to try it!

JAG said...

LOVE spinach smoothies!

Karen said...

That green stuff was surprisingly good...I couldn't believe how much Rex loved it! And YES, I am one happy grandmother! Come this December I will have SEVEN grandchildren born within FIVE years! And to think I was just happy and content and grateful for my FOUR wonderful children...How blessed I am! By the way, Happy Birthday to MY baby! I love you!

Elaine said...

I will have to try that green smoothie - great idea! And yes, Karen is a very good grandmother - love to see her laugh with her grandchildren!