Labels

Monday, November 24, 2008

It's been way to long...

since I've posted about some sort of food. So it is only appropriate for me to share the exquisit experience that occured this afternoon. A while back I signed up to get all these free samples and today my first one rolled in- Orville Redenbacher's Caramel Mini Smart Cakes! They were A-MA-ZING! And I've never been a huge fan of those big popcorn pressed cakes that I was first introduced to in the 90's. But these are... wow. AND only 100 calories!? A very filling 100 calories I might add.
As a cautionary note- despite the fact that the "nutrition facts" on the back of the bag listed 0 grams of trans fat, the ingredient list did contain soy lecithin*, partially hydrogenated soybean oil*, and corn oil*. The stared items are explained further with the following: "* Adds a trivial amount of trans fat." I wonder how many Mini Smart Cakes I would have to eat for that "trivial amount" of trans fat to really amount to something?

2 comments:

cornnut32 said...

i requested those same samples, and got mine a few days ago. i got the cheddar kind--and they were really gross. so don't try the cheddar. :)

Brittany said...

Yum, Yum!