Labels

Monday, February 18, 2008

Color Me Mine

This past weekend Trent and I went on a double date to Color Me Mine. Trent didn't know what the date entailed until we got to the store and he saw all the pottery and painting going on. He was like "I'm not going in there." What he really meant is that he didn't want to go in, but of course he was going to.
As we walked around the store looking for our special piece of pottery to paint he rejected all of my suggestions. He didn't want a vase, or a plate, or coasters. We didn't "need" any of these things. But then, we got to the kid section and it was like love at first sight--- he found an alligator. All of a sudden Trent's attitude about color me mine changed and we had a splendid time. I painted the alligator and he supervised. He told me exactly what he wanted it to look like. We wont know exactly what it looks like until Thursday when it come out of the kiln. I will repost a picture of the finish product. Here is us working on the gator.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Ha ha that is funny Amelia! I am anxious to see the finished product!

Sally Sirmans said...

She's back, baby!! Looks like a fun date. I should go with my girls sometime.

Amelia said...

Sally- you really should take your girls. They (and you) would love it!

Tice said...

:)

I have to admit, my first thought was, "Only in Utah, would you go on a date like that."

And, really, who needs more coasters, vases, etc? Useless, I tell you. But everyone can use a ceramic alligator. It can be your personal reminder of how much you want to go to Florida's dental school.

natalie said...

Yeah, new post!
Ceramic alligators are awesome!
Looks like fun!