Labels

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ayla's 15th Month


There are lots of reasons I'm so far behind in posting Ayla's 16th month, but one of them is the fact that I didn't take a single picture of her during her 16th month! My mom had her for a week in Tallahassee while we were packing up the house in Gainesville, and luckily she snapped a few with her iPhone to text to Trent and I. The above was my mom's favorite- on their way to Tallahassee they took a break from driving to look at the flowers. 

She is very much a climber. She figures out how to climb up everything, but it wasn't until this month that she learned how to climb down the stairs.

She loves babies and baby dolls. She likes to show it by smothering them with kisses.

With my second  child I have been way less on top of the making-sure-baby-meets-her-milestones game.  While in Tallahassee Ayla was given her own utensils to feed herself for the very first time!

Now she demands utensils at mealtime and refuses to be fed by anyone but herself. She is surprisingly good at getting the food on the fork and to her mouth considering the little amount of practice she has accumulated.

My mom dressed little Rose in one of my old outfits.

It's kinda hard to see, but this is my dad holding me in the very same outfit :)

Her favorite game this month was lining up the holes, stacking the rings, dumping it over, then doing it all over again. She is so proud of herself everytime!

Ayla learned lots of new things this month. Here she is figuring out how to zip her zipper.

She also learned how to do somersaults. Just say the word and she is bowed over with her hands on the floor. Here she is showing off her new skills for Kaeme on the iPad. I need to take more videos, and pictures for that matter!

3 comments:

Judy said...

I love that girl!

Tice said...

I remember that outfit! We're excited to live near y'all soon!

Karen said...

I so much enjoyed having Ayla (and TJ) come stay with me. They are so much fun! As you can see, after letting Ayla have the fork to eat with, I had to feed her outside the rest of the time. Anna sure loved that! Where did you find that picture of you and Dad? I couldn't believe that was Roger when I first saw it and where was it taken???