Labels

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ayla's Sixth Month

First of all, thank you to my next door neighbor growing up, who also happens to be my mom's sister's husband's brother's wife, and also my second mother, Elaine, for taking Ayla's 6 month pictures. The one above is a little preview and a few more are at the end of the post. Thank you, Elaine!
Our little six month old is such a sweetie pie. She is going on her third straight month of being a bad sleeper, but she makes up for it in her sweet disposition. She is trying to crawl, and talk, and eat real food, without much encouragement from our part. When you lay her down on her back, she tries her darnest to sit back up by keeping her head tucked into her chest. When you put her on her belly she tries to wiggle herself around. And when you sit her up she plays happily with anything within reach- with a special tendency towards paper and plastic bags. She keeps me on my toes. I'm pretty sure she is ready to grow up and do all the things that TJ can do, despite us wanting her to stay little forever. She is starting to show a little preference for her mama, and seems to recognize familiar faces, but still doesn't mind being held by anyone. You give her attention, and she will take it!

My mom made this purple dress for me when I was Ayla's
age. We soaked the dress in oxyclean and drove up to
Havana to buy some new silk ribbon for the sleeves and now
it is as good as new. Ayla wore it to church in Tallahassee.

Here she is with the famous seamstress and Kalil.

Ayla got her first taste of sand at the beach. She couldn't
stop eating it!

We woke her up from a nap to get her 6 month pictures taken
 and as usual she was all smiles. Here are a few of my
favorite expressions.

I am in love with those eyes and the one raised eyebrow.
 And those chubby rolls that seem to cover her entire body-
I just can't get enough. Especially now that each crease
between each roll has it's very own tan line.

We took her outside and she stopped smiling. Who can blame
her, it was hot and the grass was itchy. One thing that I have
figured out about this girl, is that she does not like to be hot. 

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Such a cutie! I'm enjoying seeing her this week, and so is Rylee!

Sabrina said...

She's adorable and Parker has the same issue with the fat roll tan lines - hilarious!

Judy said...

Cute pictures! They really capture her personality of being such a happy girl.

Karen said...

I caught myself calling Ayla "Little Amelia" this morning....I feel like I'm reliving having my own little baby again. She has so much personality and is so active! What a fun week I am having! I don't want to do anything except watch her! She is so funny doing 'crunches' when I lay her down to change her and love the pictures Elaine took!

Kelley said...

Adorable dress! Where'd you find that?