Labels

Monday, July 9, 2012

Ayla's Fourth Month

Ayla has been changing and growing up so fast. I have it written down that her first laugh was on May 8th (3 months old), and just one month later, at four months old, she is a giggle machine. She is such a happy girl, and smiles when given even the slightest amount of attention. During her fourth month she was also a wonderful sleeper- sleeping on and off most of the day and allllll night long. Unfortunately, our trip to Arizona changed all that.

Ayla's fourth month began with a trip to Tallahassee for Meme's big birthday party. Here is the whole gang during the party.

The following day was Mother's Day. After church we packed up (while my Dad held Ayla in the Lazy-boy) and headed back to Gainesville.

The next weekend we went to Orlando to pick up Trent from a dental clinic. While Trent was working on teeth, the kids and I met up with a friend at Downtown Disney. I put Ayla in the front of the stroller thinking she would enjoy looking around, but instead she decided to sleep.

That night, we booked a hotel by the Orlando airport. We picked up dinner and took it back to our hotel and ate by the pool. Ayla woke up while we were eating and she was so happy.

Trent happened to match Ayla in his green and pink shirt.

The next day we headed to Cocoa Beach.

Ayla did some tummy time at the beach. Since she sleeps so much, Ayla's head is pretty flat on the back. When she is awake we try to keep her off her back as much as possible so that her head will hopefully round out. 

Ayla loved being held by Mikhael and Bronson when they came to visit. We sure miss having them as neighbors.

Kalil was so helpful during our stay in Phoenix. Here she is holding Ayla in the tub.

After our short weekend in Phoenix we went to the Navajo Indian Reservation five hours north. While there, we went on a beautiful hike in Chinle, AZ with Trent's mom and step dad. We were only able to get one picture on the hike before our camera died :( I also forgot to bring a hat for Ayla so the top of her head got sunburnt :(

We also went fishing with Trent's step dad.

After one week on the reservation I was kind of over it. We were staying in the older housing complex by the old hospital, and I didn't feel particularly safe. My cell phone had been stolen and I didn't have an old phone to activate. I also felt like I was camping due to limited supplies and no AC! Needless to say, I only lasted one week! Trent drove us half way to Tucson, where Trent's sister picked us up. Then Trent's mom took TJ down to Tucson with Trent's sister while I kept Ayla with my sister in Phoenix for the week. 

We were so happy to be back in Phoenix with Amanda (and air conditioning). While we were there we did lots and lots of shopping (scheduled around all of Mason's therapy appointments).

Mason was so sweet with Ayla. Here he is giving her a pacifier.

Ayla absolutely loved Kalil. Kalil knew just the trick to get her to giggle- pat-a-cake! It worked every time.

Ayla is quite irresistible. I love her chubby cheeks and big smiles. I also love looking at her when she is fast asleep. Ayla's fourth month was a good month. 

2 comments:

Judy said...

She is a beautiful happy girl. I miss her!

Karen said...

Just love all the pictures in the post. You had a very busy 4th month, Ayla! You are quite the traveler!!