Labels

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ayla's 3rd Month

Most girls love to play dress up with their dolls. I wasn't what one would describe as "girly" growing up (tomboy through and through) and even I loved playing dress up with my dolls. The only thing that would have made it more fun was if my baby dolls were real. Fast-forward twenty years, and that's where Ayla comes into play. Getting her dressed just might be my very favorite part of the day. 

And the good thing about Ayla is that she doesn't seem to mind this dress up game at all. The outfit changes don't seem to bother her, and the headbands don't seem to phase her.

My friend from Gainesville who moved to Arizona, Claudia, handpicked this lovely headband for Ayla off etsy and mailed it to us. And the cute (size 9 month!) skinny jeans, those are from my good friend, Katie Garcia. My little 3 month old is already busting out of her 6-9 month wardrobe.

Ayla tagged along to Sophia's birthday party with TJ. There were lots of parents and grandparents at the party that seemed delighted to take turns holding Ayla. I, of course, was the most delighted of all.

Speaking of grandparents helping, here's Papa holding Ayla while lounging by the pool at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando. Priceline hooked us up with the hotel, and my parents hooked us up with watching the kiddos.

When we don't have a grandparent to help hold Ayla, we rely heavily on the swing.

The picture woke her up but she was all smiles. She is a pretty happy little girl...

Except when big brother sits on her. Even so, she handles the torture quite well. TJ is making her into one tough little girl.

This month was a special one for Ayla because her dad gave her a blessing at church.

My mom made the blessing gown for me when I was a baby. The tatting along the collar was made by my Great Grandmother Foote. Same dress (minus the bib- couldn't find it), same blanket, quite different looking babies.

Here she is with her own blanket (rather than mine) and her cute rosette headband from Kim. Ayla loves to suck on her fists and has recently wanted nothing to do with her pacifier.

We went to the pool the other day and Ayla wore her little bikini that I bought my niece, Kalil, when she was one year old. That's right, my just barely 3 month old is wearing size 12 month swimsuits. And since TJ isn't wearing a diaper anymore, he still fits in his size 12 month swimsuits too. That makes the already small gap in their ages seem even smaller.

Ayla was a sleeping champ for almost the entire month. But the past few days have been a completly different story, so naturally I don't have too many sweet things to say about her right now. I can tell you one thing, she is cute. At least that's what I tell myself when she is up in the middle of the night and is wide-eyed and smiley- "It's a good thing you're cute, little girl, it's a good thing you're cute!"

8 comments:

Southern Belle said...

She is a gorgeous baby! I can't believe she is so big! All the better to build those biceps!! I don't know if Jeff told Trent or not, but he is trying to schedule his high school basketball camp at UF so we can come see you guys this summer:) Hope it works out, it has been way too long.

Judy said...

She is very cute, (and I hope she learns to sleep again soon.)

Amelia said...

I love that expression on her face as TJ sits on her! I hope she gets tough so she will survive her babyhood! She looks so beautiful in her blessing gown...and she is not too different looking from you! Enjoy her for the days will pass by too quickly...even if you have to enjoy her in the middle of the night!!!!!

Karen said...

Oops....I didn't realize you had signed in on my I-pad!!!

Mikhael said...

Oh my goodness she is too cute!!! She looks just like TJ to me!!! I can not believe it!! Miss you guys!

Kim said...

She sure is a cutie pie! In the 7th pic she looks so much like TJ! That's so cool how you have such similar pics of both of you on your blessing days...I love that! You look pretty much exactly the same! haha! Just more hair and a little more growney;) You look so beautiful in the pic from her blessing day:)
PS: hope TJ feels better soon!

Amanda said...

Awe so sweet! I love to compare the two baby faces of you and Ayla! I think Ayla is starting to look like TJ more and more (as she chubs out)! Maybe her growth spurts have slowed and that is why she wants to play in the middle of the night ;) Miss you! Can't wait to see you soon!!!!

Craig and Cassie said...

The picture of her in the swing looks so much like TJ to me! You'll have to teach me the ropes of this whole girl thing, specifically making/buying bows! Her's are so cute. Miss you guys!