Labels

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ayla's First Month


Ayla is now one month old! While most of her time is spent sleeping and hanging out at the house, we have had a few fun adventures this month- outings to target, the park, the zoo, the doctor, the grocery store, the bowling alley, IKEA, and church, vacations to Tallahassee and Orlando, and visits from Kaeme, Papa, Gene, Andy, Dana, and Stevie.
She has been a pretty good sleeper, but waking up to feed her every three hours was no easy adjustment for me, I do like my [continuous, 8 hours of] sleep. But now that I am used to sleeping in three hour increments, on the rare occasion that she gives me a four or five hour stretch I feel like I've had the best night's sleep of my life! It's amazing what a little perspective can do :)
She is gaining weight like a champ, and as of her one month birthday, has outgrown her newborn clothes... onto the 0-3 month collection. At her doctor's appointment today she weighed 10 pounds 6 ounces, and measured 21.5 inches long, putting her in the 76th and 59th percentiles.

This is the picture we took with our phone at the hospital and sent to our friends and family to announce her birth via text messaging. If I didn't send it to you, that means I need your phone number on my new phone, or it's not on facebook, which my phone incidentally syncs up with.

On the day we brought Ayla home from the hospital there was an unexpected cold front. We bundled her up in whatever hats, gloves and blankets we could find for the ride home. Once we were home my mom took every opportunity to snuggle with her to keep her warm.


The weather warmed up quickly though, and by Valentine's Day we were outside taking pictures.


Here she is sporting her cute heart outfit from my mom, while almost falling out of the red basket.


Ayla got to share her first bath with TJ!


During our trip to Tallahassee, Ayla was able to meet her cousins Warner, Rylee, and Rex along with Aunt Brittany and Uncle Alex.


Ayla and Papa frequently took naps together in the lazy boy.


And she got in a few snoozes with Daddy too.

Last week we drove down to Orlando to pick up Trent's dad from the airport. While we were there we stopped by Downtown Disney- here she is hiding behind TJ in the baby bjorn.

Last weekend we decided to take Ayla to church for the first time. Here she is all dressed up in her cute outfit from Rachel Glenn.

And here is our very first family photo! For some reason, none were taken of all four of us together at the hospital (or anytime after), so here we are, one month later.

Ayla is just beginning to smile more, usually while she is sleeping. More often than smile, she does this cute grunting noise that sounds just like a chuckle.

So far she has been such a good baby for us. We can't get enough of her pretty little lips and distinctive little nose. I think she looks like my sister or maybe my mom, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, the family took a vote, and we've decided she's cute enough to keep.

5 comments:

Kim said...

she's beautiful-- that's for sure! I think she looks like Amanda! Lucky little girl:) I love her yellow rosette-- so cute!

Southern Belle said...

Cheyenne said, "look at that tiny baby, she's cute!!" It was sweet;) Can't wait to meet her:)

Judy said...

Beautiful - especially the last picture with the smile.

Amanda said...

Awe, she is so sweet. That last picture is adorable! Made me want to book a flight to Florida to come see her today! And I surely don't mind if you say she looks like me, she is the cutest little thing ever!! I love her pretty yellow bow and her first sunday dress! Girls are so fun!!

Karen said...

Oh what fun to wake up and see all those cute pictures of Ayla Rose. The pictures are so adorable, especially that last one...She looks so old in the picture with TJ all dressed up. We worked so hard with that red frame, did we....It was a good idea...oh well....Hope to see you soon.